Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Saga is Concluded



Well folks, what began a few months ago as a desire to help some friends in need, has now been concluded. The U-Haul truck with the entire contents of Steve Baker's California Storage Unit has been unloaded at Julie Baker's home. AND, the wonderful volunteers who went out of their way to make this happen; Ella Jean Kuhar, Dorothy Clanton, Penny Harbert and Theresa Greenwood were able to hand deliver Steve's career clipping book to him (see photo above).

Leading the charge on this effort was Theresa Greenwood, who without a public relations background, was able to get the word out to the media and help orchestrate some wonderful news exposure for Steve and Julie. Along the way, the Central Illinois Film Commission read the story and awarded Steve a Lifetime Membership Award to their organization.

We want to extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone involved for their hard work and selfless dedication to this cause, without these wonderful volunteers none of this would have happened.
Left to right: Ella Jean Kuhar, Dorothy Clanton, Penny Harbert and Theresa Greenwood in back.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Baker, I am going to try your memory here. Back in 1979, I was a Los Angeles County Emergency Paramedic with Schaefer Ambulance. My future & still my wife was my partner. We were contracted to provide medical coverage for all of your stunts on Dick Clarks Live Wednesday. On the day you were on stage your escape was to get out of the straight jacket while hanging 25 feet above the stage. Well sir, I was the fella who put the straight jacket on you. This was the first time I saw this (by chance I decided to see if it may be on YouTube, low & behold it was. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I also remember that no one told me or advised me how tight to put the jacket on. After watching the video I realized how tight I placed the straps. I hope that it was just a fluke and you tore your muscles just because you may have twisted right when you should have twisted left. I was grateful though that you did not injure yourself. Well sir, I wish you and your family the very best and God Bless you my friend. Not soon after that show I went "Back" into the US Army and went to flight school. I retired in 1997 (I was a Blackhawk pilot) and I was recalled back onto active duty in 2007. I currently fly EMS Helicopters. I hope to hear from you and wonder if you remember that day on Dick Clarks Live Wednesday. CB dustoff85@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete